Book Manager’s Bookshelf
Complete the following research assignment:
- Using the assigned readings in the text,
- Using the Helpful Resources web sites, and
- Using the additional research from the Troy Global Campus Library
Prepare a 3 to 5 page critical essay that addresses the following topic:
How are current events in management related to the management theories in the course? Discuss the specific management theories and theorists whose works are appropriate for the current (ACTUAL / FACTUAL) situations that you are analyzing.
Note: Do NOT analyze a theoretical or general event or text example of a current event. You need to identify a current event in the media.
Read the following articles:
From Manager’s Bookshelf
- Reading 1: What Were They Thinking?, Jeffrey Pfeffer, summarized by Adam Surma 265
- Reading 2: Managing, Henry Mintzberg, summarized by Bob Stine 270
- Reading 3: Hard Facts, Dangerous Half-Truths, and Total Nonsense, Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton, summarized by JanniferDavid 274
- Reading 4: Hot, Flat, and Crowded, Thomas Friedman, summarized by Bob Stine 281
From The Troy Global Campus Library
find articles written in 2015 or after that discuss current events in management
You might find these articles in business magazines and newspapers such as Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, or in general news magazines such as Time and Newsweek. Articles should be about issues related to your readings in the course, and may focus on individuals or companies.
From Helpful Resources
- Wall Street Journal
- Business Week
- Financial Times