Think of a group you are (or were) a member of â€“ a work group, a student project group, a club, or any other group you belong(ed) to and actively participated in. Briefly describe the group. Then answer each of these questions:
- What process losses are experienced in this group? Why?
- What process gains are experienced in this group? Why?
- Does the actual performance of this group equal its potential performance? Why or why not?
- How might this group raise its potential performance?
- Is social loafing a problem in this group? Why or why not?
- How would you characterize the major tasks performed by this group in terms of Thompsonâ€™s model of task interdependence?
- Is this a cohesive group? Why or why not?