Assignment 5: Evaluation of the Agencyâ€™s Budgeting and Cumulative Report
Due Week 10 and worth 290 points
As a consultant, you need to develop an in-depth analysis and evaluation of the selected agencyâ€™s budgeting and then provide recommendations for improvement. Therefore, you will conduct interviews with agency representatives and research-related academic sources and Websites. The analysis will be read by the VP of Accounts and Client Support as well as by the leaders of the agency for whom you are working.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the agencyâ€™s (or departmentâ€™s) budget by following these six (6) steps and including the results of the analysis in your paper by: (a) identifying the agencyâ€™s budget as executive department or an independent agency; (b) determining which of the appropriation subcommittees has jurisdiction over each agencyâ€™s budget request; (c) determining where each agencyâ€™s operations fall in the functional classification of the federal budget; (d) determining the budget authority and outlays proposed for the agency; and (e) determining the actual outlays and budget authority for the agency in that year. (Title this section Budget Overview.)
- Analyze two (2) major political influences on and primary accountability areas required of program administrators after reviewing FY2012 regarding mandatory and discretionary budgets. (Title this section Budgeting Assessment.)
- Explain which intergovernmental agency, or agencies, contributes to and / or influences the budgetary decisions for the current and future budget over the next five (5) years. (Title this section Analysis of Budgeting Plans and Actual Expenditures.)
- Analyze the impact of international policy making on the current yearâ€™s budgets and possible impact on future budget line items. (Title this section Implications of Foreign Policy.)
- Recommend two (2) robust ways in which the agency could improve the budget for the next fiscal year. (Title this section Budget Request and Recommendations.)
- Provide proof of one to two (1-2) interviews by submitting the completed interview form with a list of questions for and responses from each interviewee. (Put this in the Appendix under Interview Forms.)
- Provide four to five (4-5) relevant and credible outside resources that support the content of this assignment. (Include no more than one (1) non-government Website.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The sections must have appropriate titles. The cover page, interview forms, reference page, and the appendices are not included in the required assignment page length.
Week 10 Discussion 1
“Social Networking and Information Management” Please respond to the following:
- Many of the social networking sites make the behavior of employees much more visible. Discuss one or two implications social networking sites have for government employees. Provide examples to justify your response.
- Employees sometimes reveal information about their work on these social networking sites. Recommend two to three policy steps an agency could adopt to help ensure incorrect, sensitive, or unauthorized information is not put on the sites by agency employees.