nitial post due Wednesday by 11:59pm
Response to TWO classmates due Friday by 11:59pm
Watch a TED Talk by Turkish novelist Elif Shafak . After you have watched the TED Talk, answer the following questions in reply to each TED talk.
As you watch the TED Talk, you may want to follow along to the Transcript (or text) of the speech or refer to the transcript when you are answer the questions for this talk.
- What is the speaker’s main argument? Or what is her thesis?
- Name at least 3 specific examples/pieces of evidence she uses to support his argument?
- What was the biggest takeaway that you had from this video? What interested you the most?
- What kind of stories is Shafak telling his audience in the speech?
- How does Shafak organize his speech? In connection with Question 4, when do those stories show up in his speech? When does she tell those stories? Is there any pattern you can discern or figure out from where he places those stories (specific evidence)?
- What is Shafak’s purpose? What does she want from his audience?
- What is Shafak’s tone? Is her tone successful in connecting with her audience?
“The Revolutionary Power of Diverse Thought” | Elif Shafak