PSYCHOGERONTOLOGY COMPARISON REPORT
As you complete the final Psychogerontology Comparison Report, incorporate into it your instructor’s feedback from your Unit 7 draft. You should include previous assignments where you have extended the significance of your research and findings. This project clarifies what is lacking in the community you serve regarding optimal aging and also allows you to learn about exemplary models available for successful aging.
The final project Psychogerontology Comparison Report consists of your Unit 3 Literature Review: Optimal Aging, the Unit 5 Local Older Adult Agency Search, and additional insights you gained after submitting your draft in Unit 7 and receiving instructor feedback. Your final version of the proposal should use the draft suggestions you received as appropriate. You are, however, responsible for the decisions and direction you take in your report.
While writing the final report, use the Psychogerontology Comparison Report course project description and Unit 9 Psychogerontology Comparison Report Scoring Guide to direct your work. Use the Distinguished column on the scoring guide to ensure optimum points are earned.
Integrate your Unit 3 assignment, Literature Review: Optimal Aging, into the report by completing the following:
Include the following information:
- Analyze the primary and secondary age-related changes in psychological processes, cognitive functions, personality, and interpersonal relationships you discovered from the literature.
- Identify what preventative services exist that promote physical and mental health, cognitive functions, socialization, and quality of life. For example, Type 2 diabetes is associated with aging, but age does not cause Type 2 diabetes. Poor diet and lack of physical activity lead to Type 2 diabetes.
- Analyze what services address the impact of normal age-related physiological changes on the older adult’s psychosocial functioning.
- Analyze how changing societal concepts of aging on present and future cohorts of older adults impact optimal aging and services (including technology) that promote optimal aging.
- Analyze the major theories that link cognitive function and personality with the development and sustainment of interpersonal relationships.
Integrate your Unit 5 assignment, Local Older Adult Agency Search, by including the following:
- Compare your findings of local area resources to what you found in your literature review about optimal aging and services that support optimal aging.
- Distinguish how the findings from your area differ or are similar to what you found in the literature.
- Differentiate community resources in your area that support successful aging.
- Analyze how physiological changes due to the aging process impact social interactions within families, organizations and communities.
- Analyze what could make a local resource better.
In addition, integrate previous information you have studied into your Psychogerontology Comparison Report as follows:
- Analyze the socioeconomic status of the aging demographic and its impact on political action, public policy, and financial markets.
COMPARISON REPORT FORMAT
Your final project report should contain the following structure and components.
- Title page (all scholarly work should have a title page).
- Text includes the following major sections:
- Introduction: Describe your topic and provide an overview of the paper’s focus.
- Objectives: Tell your reader what you hope to accomplish in this paper.
- Literature review: Incorporate information from the literature review and knowledge you have gained from course readings. How does your review help to accomplish your objectives?
- Comparison discussion: Compare what you found in the literature review to what you found in your local community.
- Conclusion: What did you find? What does this information accomplish?
- References: Includes all literature cited in the report.
Written Communication: Exemplify master’s level critical thinking and analysis in your paper. Do not just present a summary of the readings. Objectively evaluate and report on the findings of your research materials and the readings from the course.
- Write professionally by making points that are logical, substantive, and relevant based on the presented evidence, as well as free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Clearly identify in your paper where you are addressing each grading criterion or part of the assignment.
- Create written communications that are respectful and appropriate to the purpose, context, and audience.
- Apply the conventions of the APA style guide and format in written communications.
- Generate communications that are clear, organized, concise, and use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Your paper should be double spaced using Times New Roman, 12 point. The paper must be a minimum of eighteen (18) full pages in length not including the title page, abstract, and references list.