For your Final Project, you will write a 12â€“15 page theory paper articulating your couple/family theoretical orientation.
Your paper must include the following elements that evolve from your personal theoretical orientation:
- The basic view of human nature as seen through your theoretical lens
- Key factors that account for changes in behavior
- An explanation of how intervention strategies are designed within this theoretical orientation
- An explanation of how your theory conceptualizes mental health
- Key factors that contribute to healthy family/couple relationships
- A description of the counseling process within this theoretical orientation (include the key goals of marriage, couple, and family counseling)
- The techniques used across the counseling process
- The nature of the counselor-client relationship and its relative importance
- The role of the marriage, couple, and family counselor
- An explanation of the relationship between your individual theory and your couple/family theory (include ways in which your individual theory and your couple/family theory are congruent)
- An explanation of the particular techniques and procedures of your approach (note specific populations or client issues best suited for this approach, as well as those least suited for this approach)
- Based on your couple/family theory, develop a primary intervention program for an area of need in your community or professional area of interest (include the purpose of the program, client population, and four major characteristics of the program that would contribute to its effectiveness)
Your Final Project will be graded on a 20-point scale and is worth 30% of your final grade.
The Final Project is due by Day 7 of Week 10. Although the Final Project is not due until Week 10, you should become familiar with the project requirements and have them in mind as you proceed through the course. Many of the Discussions and Application Assignments relate to and can be of use to your Final Project.
The Final Project will be evaluated according to all four indicators in the Final Project Rubric located in the Course Info area. Be sure that the Final Project is written using APA format.
Information on scholarly writing may be found in the APA Manual and at the Walden Writing Center website. Also see the Walden University Policies and Information, in the Guidelines and Policies area on the navigation bar to the left.
My theoretical orientation theory
Humanistic & Existential Approach