Read the Stop Kiss play
and write a 1 page response to the play considering these questions:
1. Consider the the way the playwright structured this play. We bounce between the present and past from scene to scene. Do you think this structure worked for this story? Why or why not?
2. Consider the characters. What did they want? What stood in their way?
3. There are many moments of self discovery in this play. Choose a character and discuss moments where they are making these discoveries about themselves. Be sure to include examples from the text.
4. What are the issues and themes being explored by the the playwright in STOP KISS?
5. This play was written in 2000, almost 20 years ago. Do you feel it is relevant to our society today?