SAILS Exam: Information Literacy
[WLOs: 3, 4] [CLOs: 3, 4]
Prepare: Knowing how to thoroughly research a topic is extremely important while achieving your education. You may be asked to support your information with peer-reviewed scholarly resources, but how can you find this type of resource?
Reflect: Given that you have been in college for awhile, itâ€™s time to reflect on what you have learned
Write: This week, you will take the Standardized Assessment of Information Literacy Skills (SAILS) Exam. This exam is not graded, and your results are anonymous. The exam will exit from your screen immediately after completion, and you will not receive feedback or results. This is a nationally-normed, standardized exam for students in universities all over the United States. The results of this assessment will guide in developing the best possible library resources and research methodologies training. Results will be published (in aggregate) . Your participation is voluntary, so thank you if you choose to participate. Click on the link in your online course to access the SAILS Exam (Links to an external site.).
In a two- to three-paragraph response with each paragraph consisting of five or more sentences,
- Describe your experiences using resources, including concerns encountered when conducting academic research . Areas of concern may include developing a research strategy, using the search function within a database, or evaluating sources.
- Explain how has improved your experience in conducting research. For example, you could identify and explain how specific tutorials that you have used have helped improve your ability to conduct research.
The Information Literacy Assignment
- Must include at least two paragraphs (of at least five sentences each) that respond to the two prompts, and that are formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page (Links to an external site.) with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Running header with page numbers
- Must have no more than 15% quoted material in the body of your essay based on the Turnitin report.