Write One Paragraph
Part 1: Post a Response
By the 1990s, the US was stepping into the â€œInformation Ageâ€. This would coincide with the presidency of Bill Clinton. One can also see this as a period when global connections really became more visible and faster, in part because of new trade agreements around the globe. In North America, there was NAFTAâ€”the North American Free Trade Agreement. By the late 1990s the US economy was entering a dynamic period of growth.
Choose and discuss one of the following two topics related to the American history under President Clinton:
- Discuss opposing viewpoints about free trade during the 1990s.
- For the period of the Clinton presidency, identify one view of those favoring â€œfree tradeâ€ and one view of those who were opposed.
- Explain how you would weigh the pros and cons of this policy. In hindsight, what is your view of NAFTA? Is globalization good?
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these â€œfree tradeâ€ issues of that time.
- Discuss the â€œeconomic reboundâ€ of the late 1990s under President Clinton.
- Identify three of the â€œpackageâ€ of changes that characterized the economic boost of the â€œinformation revolutionâ€ in the late 1990s.
- Discuss and explain what you think was the most important of these changes. What can we learn from that sort of period of economic rebound?
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these changes during the late 1990s. For guidance, view this short video.