Quality improvement continues to be a major focus in the healthcare industry. Fundamental to quality improvement is the connection between employee performance and patient satisfaction. Healthcare professionals struggle to balance a variety of competing forces driving the quality of care, mainly in the area of employee performance, care delivery, and patient satisfaction.
- Complete Chapter 7: Ouality Improvement Basics and review the previous weeks’ reading in your textbook.
- Reread the case “Prelude to a Medical Error.”
- Using APA guidelines, develop an employee performance evaluation for this organization that connects patient satisfaction with employee performance.
- Incorporate the concepts of continuous quality improvement into your performance evaluation model.
- Based on your reading, create your employee performance evaluation system to link employee performance with continuous quality improvement strategies. The proposal should include the following:
- An explanation of each component and how it connects to quality improvement theories, tools, and concepts.
- A flow chart (or diagram) demonstrating the connections between employee performance and patient satisfaction