Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link â€œDoing Discussion Questions Right,â€ the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the week, begin commenting on at least two of your classmatesâ€™ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area.
Complete this discussion in a 150 â€“ 300 response.
Government Versus Private Funding
Explore the difference between the following:
Medicare, Medicaid, and a private insurance of your choice (such as Major Medical, PPO or HMO):
Respond to the list of questions below for each, supporting your answers with resources appropriate to the topic
1. Describe how this insurance is paid for? Who pays for it?
2. Who is eligible to have this insurance? Why?
3. How does the insurance work? (Co-payments, Deductibles, Premiums, Capitation, etc.?
4. Give an example of a healthcare service covered under this insurance type? Evaluate how the service is paid for and what is needed for the individual to obtain the service.
5. Is their any political impact on the financial support of these insurance types?
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 150-300 words. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
Respond to your peers throughout the week. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning. Follow up posts need to be submitted by the end of the week.