Write a 10-12 page essay. The topic is gender roles.
Use APA style subheadings, double-spacing, 12-point font, one-inch margins (left, right, top, and bottom), page numbering, and logical flow from topic to topic.
Information and/or quotes from other sources should be relevant and thoughtfully placed. Consult the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, sixth edition, for proper form of citations and references. You may use sources from the Web, your textbook or other books, and scientific journals. Magazines and newspapers are generally not acceptable. For instance, the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology is acceptable, but Psychology Today is not.
The following criteria will be considered in the evaluation of your paper:
- Accuracyâ€”Are your stated facts or ideas correct?
- Clarityâ€”Is your essay clear and easy to follow? You may want to read your essay out loud to yourself. This will help you catch incomplete sentences or lapses in logic.
- Depthâ€”Are the issues and implications well thought out and explored?
- Supporting evidenceâ€”Are your ideas supported with empirical evidence? This is a crucial part of any well-written essay. You may support your ideas with theories, previously conducted research, or other information you encounter in the text and other sources (journal articles and so forth). You may also use personal experiences as supporting evidence when appropriate.
- Referencesâ€”Did you use appropriate references to support the main points of your paper? You may find references in the textbook bibliography that support your ideas. Be sure you have these referencesâ€”that is, that you have the articles on hand if you used them, and make sure that your references relate to the point you are making or support your inferences.
- Form, composition, spelling, and so forthâ€”Is your paper neat and error-free? It helps to run spellcheck before submitting your work and to have a colleague or friend read over your work.
- APA styleâ€”Did you follow the formatting rules of the American Psychological Association (APA)? Use your APA publication manual.
References: (Two attached, feel free to add)