This exercise is intended to give you practice assessing data from a CDC Morbidity and Mortality report on Foodborne and Waterborne outbreaks. So, keep this in mind as you review the results of your searches during this activity.
- To start this exercise go to the Food borne andWater borne Disease Outbreaks
- Review the data that is reported by states and for the nation as a whole.
- No go to the specific report on Recreational Water outbreaks.
What To Submit For The Assignment
Write a response to the following questions based on your review:
- What did you find interesting about the data?
- Do you believe that the data difference may be do to the active surveillance within a state?
- Was there anything about the data that you did not expect to find?
- If electronic reporting has been available prior to 1998 do you believe the numbers would have been equal. lower or higher to those reported after that time?
- How well would you say that the public health system is addressing the topic?
- What is your feeling about the relative public health risk of using recreational waters?