- Final Project
Using the guidelines provided in the lesson, compose your Final Project.
For this assignment, you are required to use Ask a Librarian 24/7 Chat for helpful tips and strategies for finding at least 3 quality sources on your topic.
- You must provide your RioLearn email address in the chat widget.
- Include a copy of your Ask a Librarian chat transcript (copied and pasted from your email) with your paper, following the Works Cited page.
- Projects should be typed, double-spaced, and formatted with an MLA-style heading.
- You can see more information about MLA style and view a sample formatted paper here: Purdue Online Writing Lab.
There are two steps to submit your written projects:
- Upload your paper to Turnitin.com (the plagiarism detection service).
- Submit your paper to your instructor below.
See your course announcements for detailed instructions on creating an account.
- Your work will be assessed by the following criteria.
|Criteria||Max. Points available|
|Content: In shaping his/her response, the student uses specific examples, uses images when needed, and cites any external content appropriately.||35|
|Critical Thinking: The student demonstrates a clear understanding of the critical thinking strategies mentioned in the class. He/she demonstrates an understanding of critical thinking by discussing some obstacles to critical thinking, positive/negative critical thinking habits, how to analyze an argument, deceptive advertising techniques, fallacies, deductive / inductive reasoning and/or empirical reasoning.||35|
|Application: The student applies many concepts from the course and addresses specific terms correctly.||10|
|Organization: The project is clearly organized. It begins with a well-focused introduction, the body paragraphs follow logically from each other, and there is a clear conclusion.||10|
|Grammar/Mechanics: The assignment has been proofread and spellchecked prior to submission. There are no errors that impede comprehension and the student includes an MLA citation for the sources.||10|
|Total Possible Points||100|