For this first Module Assessment, you will examine an international, credible news story or current event related to children and/or adult dilemmas from an expert consultantâ€™s perspective. You will be asked to develop a series of talking points for a panel discussion you have been invited to attend.
- Consider the following: Imagine you are asked to be on a panel as an expert cultural psychology consultant to discuss an international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults that is being debated. You are asked to develop a series of talking points for your panel discussion.
- Identify an international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults that is being debated (e.g., child labor, immigration, migration, refugees, international scores on standardized tests). Review and analyze the event/news story and apply the lens of culture and psychology.
- Review this Moduleâ€™s Learning Resources and consider how these resources may inform your Module Assessment. Also, pay special attention to the resource Evaluating Resources: What about Stuff I find on the Internet? Knowing When to Use and Trust what you find on the Internet and consider how you might evaluate the news story/current event to be credible for your Module Assessment.
Assignment (5â€“6 pages not including title page or reference page):
As a consultant, you are a busy professional, so your summary will include 5â€“6 pages of your talking points. However, your talking points will need to be presented in paragraph form that follows proper APA format and style. Include the following:
Introduction (1 page)
- A brief introduction of culture and components of culture
- Define culture and be able to describe some forms/aspects of various sample cultures
- Explain how your definition of culture applies to your news story or current event
News Story/Current Event (1â€“2 page)
- Describe the international, credible news story or current event regarding children and/or adults that is being debated (e.g., child labor, immigration, migration, refugees, international scores on standardized tests)
Lifespan Development (1 page)
- Explain the cultural implications on human development based on the event related to children and/or adults
Specific recommendations (2 pages)
- Analyze the news story and explain what you have learned about culture and psychology as it relates to addressing the situation
- Offer 2â€“4 specific recommendations based on culture and psychology to respond to the issues raised in the news story or event
- At least 4 different scholarly resources including peer-reviewed articles and book chapters (Note: Two of your sources may be credible web resources)
Support your Assignment by citing all resources in APA style, including those in the Learning Resources.
Below I uploaded the resources to help with this