computer networking questions 1
Answer the one question from each assigned section this week (sections 6.1-6.6). Each response should be 1-2 paragraphs in length. Type your numbered answers in a Word document (i.e. Section 6.1 Question 2, etc.). APA formatting is not required. If you use outside sources to support your answers, provide APA-style citations and a reference page.
Answer one of the following from Section 6.1:
- What are the requirements for connecting a VTY (virtual terminal) to a Cisco device?
- What types of cable can you use to connect a PC to a router console port?
- What is the difference between a managed and unmanaged switch?
- What is the difference between in-band and out-of-band management?
Answer one of the following from Section 6.2:
- Why would you configure an IP address on a switch?
- What does the ip address dhcp command allow you to do?
Answer one of the following from Section 6.3:
- How does the VLAN interface configuration mode differ from Ethernet, FastEthernet and GigabitEthernet interface configuration modes?
- What must you consider if you manually configure the speed or duplex setting?
- What happens when autonegotiation fails for the Ethernet interface on a Cisco device?
- What is the default setting all ports on a switch?
Answer one of the following from Section 6.4:
- What are two advantages to creating VLANs on your network?
- You have two VLANs configured on a single switch. How many broadcast domains are there?
- What happens if two devices on the same switch are assigned to different VLANs?
How many collision domains are there?
Answer one of the following from Section 6.5:
- What is trunking?
- Why is trunking important to VLAN configuration?
- What protocol does a Cisco switch use to automatically detect trunk ports?
- By default, traffic from which VLANs are allowed on trunk ports?
- What is the default configuration of most Cisco switches?
Answer one of the following from Section 6.6:
- Why will a tie breaker never be necessary for the root switch selection?
- When would you modify an STP mode?
- How does PVST+ differ from Rapid PVST+?
- How do ports work in a multiple VLAN environment?
- How are root bridges designated in a multiple VLAN environment?
- What happens during STP convergence?