For your final paper, pick one of the following departments:
- A Manufacturing Department producing widgets with an internal production rejection rate of 2% and a return within warranty period of 5%.
- A Service Department with complaints from 7% of its customers.
Neither department has detailed records of what the issues are. In your paper, recommend a proposed quality improvement plan based on the COPIS model. The recommendation should include the following:
- Build the justification for a quality improvement plan.
- Identify several approaches to customer service and describe one more in depth; illustrate the relationship between customer loyalty and output satisfaction.
- Design an output-control and measurement approach to improve process performance.
- Evaluate different process-improvement and management approaches.
- Justify a recommended process-improvement approach.
- Develop an input-measurement and management approach.
- Develop a supplier-management approach to improve input and supplier quality.
- Propose your customer-focused recommendations in your summary or conclusion.
You improvement plan must incorporate at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
The Final Paper
- Must be five to seven double-spaced pages (1,500 – 1,750 words) in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centerâ€™s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.