Assignment 2: Software Visualization
Due Week 5 and worth 100 points
The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment:
- UML Tutorial: http://www.sparxsystems.com/uml-tutorial.html
- MS Visio Support: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio-help/use-uml-to-create-class-sequence-use-case-activity-or-state-diagrams-HA102749764.aspx?CTT=1
Assume that you are in the requirements analysis phase and before the development of the online course management system from the previous assignment. Visualizations of the system need to be constructed using an architecture description language, as well as interpretations of the visualizations.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Construct at least four (4) architectural visualizations of the software system through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: Please refer to Chapter 7 of the text for detailed information on architectural visualization. The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Describe each architectural visualization in relation to the course management system.
- Explain the benefits of each architectural visualization to the various stakeholders of the project.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.