Research Paper – Annotated Bibliography Instructions
The Annotated Bibliography is a collection of 10 one-paragraph summaries of peer-reviewed journal resources that you intend to use in the Research Paper – Final Paper.
1. The articles must be current or dated within the past 5 years.
2. Do not simply paste the article abstract in the annotated bibliography paper. Annotations must be your summary of the article. The summary must include any research findings that were included in the article. (Do not state that the authors “conducted a study” without providing a short summary of their findings.)
3. Do notpaste the Annotated Bibliography in your Final Paper. The Annotated Bibliography simply provides information that will contribute to the Research Paper – Final Paper.
1. Include the full source citation at the beginning of each summary, following current APA format guidelines.
2. Provide sufficient information in the summary so the reader knows what the article contributes to the Research Paper – Final Paper. For example, if you mention a study, also include a summary of the relevant findings. To say, “The authors conducted a study” without an explanation of what they found offers no information.
3. List the sources alphabetically according to the first author’s last name.
4. Include a title page.
5. A References page IS NOT required since you are already listing your sources.