Research evaluating 360-degree feedback systems tends to demonstrate superior outcomes to more traditional performance assessments. 360-degree systems rely upon multiple points of evaluation including supervisors, peers, self-rating, subordinates, computer-based ratings, and in some instances outside sources such as customers or clients. Discuss the advantages of a multi-rater system to improve evaluation of leaders and subordinates. Examine the challenges of the 360-degree feedback system especially considering how to increase rater agreement, frame-of-reference, and how to ensure raters know what behaviors and characteristics comprise effective performance. Lastly, analyze the future of 360-degree feedback and the inclusion of computer-based assessment within a 360-degree feedback system.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
Write an essay (1,750-2,000 words) in which you will analyze the 360-degree feedback system. In your essay address the following:
- Examine the advantages of tjhe 360-degree feedback system.
- Evaluate the impact of 360-degree feedback on leadership style from a theoretical perspective of leadership.
- Discuss an empirical examination that challenges the 360-degree feedback system.
- Evaluate current and proposed sources of information within 360-degree feedback.